We are at the critical juncture of rural disenfranchisement and the growing achievement gap for young men of color and we need your help to continue to tell this American story.
Heading into 2017, we remain steadfast in our dedication to working with our partners to achieve our campaign’s impact goals:
- Increasing visibility of rural youth
- Shrinking the urban/rural divide
- Providing meaningful education and job training opportunities for youth in rural communities, particularly for African American males
- Expanding current narratives of African American youth
- Developing materials to support the comprehensive, holistic needs of the child and the community, particularly for students, educators and stakeholders
- Working with Bertie County youth and leadership to establish a rural collaborative aimed at closing the opportunity gap for young people
To help us reach these goals, we need your support. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to our engagement campaign through Kartemquin’s website (link in sidebar).